As they contain high quality natural protein and many other essential vitamins and minerals, eggs are an ideal food to include when eating for exercise. Whether you’re aiming to build muscle, lose weight or generally get fitter and healthier, eggs can play an important part of a balanced diet that should help you achieve your goals. Here are some reasons why
• Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods money can buy
• Eggs are rich in high quality protein
• A medium egg contains fewer than 70 calories
• Eggs are naturally rich in vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B12 and vitamin D
• Eggs contain vitamin A and a number of B vitamins including folate, biotin, pantothenic acid and choline
• Eggs contain many essential minerals and trace elements, including phosphorus, iodine and selenium
• The previous limits on egg consumption due to their cholesterol content have now been removed
Food is extremely important for both pre- and post- workout recovery. Knowing how, when and why our bodies use different energy sources during workouts (as well as what foods we should consume) can help you get the most from exercise.
Eggs are rich in high quality protein, which is important for muscle growth. This isn’t just for athletes or bodybuilders but anyone looking to get fitter and maintain muscle mass. Find out more about what it takes for our muscles to grow and what part protein plays in this process.
All information checked by an independent Registered Nutritionist/Dietitian